Tuesday, August 25, 2015

Friday/Saturday but really, Sunday 8/23

Friday I interned in the morning, got in a 1 mile true form run, did Dave Durante Max Core stuff, then traveled to PA.

Saturday I did my first ever weightlifting meet. I came in second. Did not qualify for the AO. Rules are so strict. The slightest bend is a no lift? Ugh. That was exhausting and difficult.

Sunday GM was kind enough to let Bry and I into Stroud to get some work in so I mashed half of Friday's strength with half of Saturdays strength. This is what it came out to...

A.  Power Clean x2x2 @ 75%, x2x2 @ 80% - 140#/150# I took all the things I learned from the meet Saturday and getting help from Mckenna, to do lifts properly...big big emphasis on good set up and posterior engagement

140#

150#

B.  Clean Dead lift x 5x4 @ 90% of clean - 190# Again, engagement. Doing this correctly completely pumped up my hammies


C.1  Back Squat Cluster; 1.1.1 x 3 @ 85%, rest 30 sec., rest 30 sec. - 215#


C.2  Wall balls x 25 UB @ 14# to 10 ft.x 3, rest 2:30 - DONE! Worked a lot on breathing and finding a rhythm. Got a bit frantic towards the end of each set.

I also dont know what "team workout" means, so I assume its whatever is going on for comp on Friday's, so I joined Bry in doing...

10.9.8.7.6.5.4.3.2.1 CTB
UB Squat Cleans @ 125#

9:09
I was smoked after strength. The CTB felt great, but the squat cleans completely wiped me.

No comments:

Post a Comment